Saturday, April 17, 2010

The price is right

A few weeks ago I posted this pix from our favorite westboro loblaws. The bin was half full/half empty ... did buyers figure out the math?


This week I saw this bin, and Charlie the Tuna was really on sale for a better price. The bin was full. Go figure.

I also noticed the double pack of shreddies was way more expensive than the sale pack of individual boxes of square shreddies at the aisle end. Buy smaller boxes, more packaging, save more. So I returned my big box to the correct shelf on the aisle and took some small ones ... only to discover they were diamond shreddies and more expensive per box than the giant box.

Moral: the biggest isn't always the best deal. If it's on sale at the aisle end it may not be the same box in the mid aisle. Gotta pay attention, shoppers.

1 comment:

  1. The diamond shreddies are definitely better than the old square ones.

    - RG>

    ReplyDelete