Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let it snow



I have a number of neighbors that manage to avoid shovelling snow as much as possible. Options include just driving over the snow bank and packing the snow down with your four wheel drive SUV, hiring neighbors or plowing services, etc.

This house on Rochester always has its porch plastic wrapped to break the wind and keep the snow off. Last year, and this, it has its steps covered too, in a dropsheet version of those canopied entrances to elegant hotels and really ritzy apartments we see in the movies set in NYC.

I am not tall. I walked up to this cover, and discovered the roof of it hit me at nose level. Hmm. What happens if we have a non-midget lettercarrier?

1 comment:

  1. Much inconvenience and a bit of pain, I'm thinking. Also, a polite but stern note from Canada Post to the owners/occupants.

    ReplyDelete